Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sarah

Alright, another Starbucks inspiration. This time 'cause I was bored of studying and was just looking around. A rather simple and silly one...but hey it's my blog...i can post crap here of all places...

Besides it's dedicated to the cutest girl in Starbucks...well in the the Starbucks near my place anyways.


=======================

She walks about,
She floats in time,
She radiates charm,
Like a beautiful rhyme.

I watch her furtively,
Sitting in the coffee shop chair.
I stare at her openly now,
Without a worldly care.

She skips about,
Working around,
Our eyes meet for a second,
And I pass away without a sound.

She's beautiful, did I say,
They call her Sarah,
She's looks an angel to me,
As she starts to come over.

In a raspy smooth voice,
She asks me if I'm done,
I look up at her,
And think, I'll have some fun.

'No', I say
'I'm just getting started.'
She wrinkles up her nose,
As if I just farted.

'Started with what',
She says tossing her hair,
'This is a coffee shop dude,
By Eleven you have to clear.'

Well then I ignore her,
Being so funny you see.
And she stood there,
Shaking her head at me.

She frowned at me,
Then frowned some more.
And then walked away,
Leaving me slightly unsure.

I stared at her back,
Open mouth and all,
Kicking myself for the bad joke,
But now I had to make the call.

I call out her name,
It's time I know
To make my coolest move,
So I go with my flow.

'Hey, I'm just teasing',
I say with some glee,
She turns around unsure,
With a small smile for me.

And then my dear friends,
I make my final move and say,
'Can I take you out someplace,
Maybe coffee, this Sunday?'

Needless to say,
Those were my final words to her,
Not just for the day,
That goodbye was probably forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha...hope this one wasn't autobiographical now, or atleast the end wasn't(??).

geekdarling said...

take a barista out for coffee??? silly boy...